Why You Should Consider Solar Panels
Solar panels are an increasingly popular way to power homes and businesses. They’re environmentally friendly, they can save you money on your energy bills, and they’re becoming more and more efficient as technology improves. In this blog post, we’ll give you a brief overview of solar panels and why you should consider switching to a solar energy system for your home or business.
How Solar Panels Work
When the sun hits a solar panel, energy from the sunlight is absorbed by the cells in the panel. This energy creates electrical charges that move in response to an internal electrical field in the cell, causing electricity to flow. This electricity is then used to power your home or business.
How Many Solar Panels Will I Need?
The number of solar panels you’ll need to power your home or business will depend on a few factors, including the size of your property and your energy usage. A solar panel typically produces about 1 kilowatt (kW) of power, so you’ll need to determine how much power you need and then install the appropriate number of solar panels.
Benefits of Solar Panels
There are a number of benefits to using solar panels, including the following:
1. They’re environmentally friendly: Solar panels don’t produce any emissions or pollution, making them a great choice if you’re looking for an eco-friendly way to produce electricity for your home or business.
2. They can save you money: Solar panels can help lower the cost significantly on your energy bills. In some cases, the money you save on your energy bills can even cover the installation costs associated in the first place!
3. They’re becoming more efficient: As technology improves, solar panels are becoming more efficient at converting sunlight into electricity. This means that you can generate more energy with fewer solar panels, which can save you money on electric bills in the long run.
4. They have a long lifespan: Solar panel systems typically have a lifespan of 20-25 years, so once you’ve installed them, you won’t have to worry about replacing your solar energy system for many years to come.
5. They require little maintenance: Solar panel systems are designed to be low-maintenance, so once they’re installed, you won’t have to do much to keep them running smoothly.
6.You may be eligible for a federal tax credit: The federal tax credit for solar panels can be claimed on federal income taxes for a percentage of the cost of a solar system paid for by the taxpayer.
7.Generate power when the grid is down: Since we live in a hurricane area, it’s not uncommon for the power to go out during a bad storm. Solar panels allow you to have power when the main grid is down.
More People Are Going Solar
Due to the rising cost of energy, more people are installing solar panels. In fact, more solar energy systems will be installed in North Carolina in the next 24 months than in the last 40 years. Duke Energy has raised their rates by approximately 5% per year for the past few years, so people are making the switch.
Are Solar Panels Right for You?
Here at All About Energy Solutions, we decided to jump into the solar panel installation business due to the fact that our customers were being taken advantage of by other solar companies in California and Texas. If you’re thinking about making the switch to a solar energy system, contact a reputable solar company.